Thursday, January 2, 2014

New Year and Resolutions

So for me 2013 ended with a bang. My sequel came out, I managed to outsell my first book's best month, and I made quite a bit of progress into the Scroll of Suns and Moons. I think being able to claim I've published 3 (hoping for 4) books in a year is a pretty significant achievement.

But as the new years day came to a close I wondered if there were any resolutions I wanted to make?

I think that one thing I've already resolved to do is improve my writing skills in general. Mostly I mean improving my writing speed, accuracy, and focus so that I can make faster, steadier progress. I think I do pretty well already, but that's no reason to not want to improve my skills. It will also help me out in the long run when I want to meet deadlines.

Speaking of deadlines, I'm not going to commit to a set date for my next book, other than to say I'll get it out as soon as possible. I'm not going to rush my work; I feel that quality or quantity has to suffer if you need to come in under the deadline and I don't wish to do either. So, from this point on, my books will be... "It's ready when it's ready."

Of course, if I improve my overall writing skill "It's ready" will happen more frequently. I really do love writing books and I can't wait to get the next one out! The story is very exciting to me, and I hope that my readers will enjoy it too!

I'd love to hear what other people resolved to do this year!

1 comment:

  1. I have bought over 640 books on the kindle store (without adding two or three i have regretted buying).My resolutions are surpassing the 800 mark by the end of this year and getting a girlfriend whom I can talk to about books, games and movies without her getting bored.

    ReplyDelete